Sunday, December 13, 2015

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas (I'M BACK!)


It's been a little while since I've been active in the blog-o-sphere, but I wanted to hop back into it and celebrate Christmas over here at A Splash of Ink!

As many of you know, I'm in my second year of university and working on a double major in English and Medieval Studies. This semester I took an online course in addition to my regular on-campus classes. Let me just say that I admire all of you who do online courses full time. You have my utmost admiration (and a teeny bit of jealously for being able to manage it all!). Anyways, three of my four exams are complete, so I am on my way to being a free woman, at least for a couple of weeks before it starts again in January.

This past week, my family and I went to get our Christmas tree from a local nursery and I was swept up in the Christmas spirit. The pictures above are compliments of that trip. And yes, I was THAT person who was taking pictures in the store; all those twinkle lights are just too picturesque to pass up. After that lovely Christmas-y experience, I thought it was about time that I brought A Splash of Ink into the festivities. I have a few exciting festive ideas in the works, so be on the look out for those over the next few weeks, including my customary bookshelf decorations post. And of course, as soon as this is posted the Christmas header will be going up.

A Splash of Ink has a bit of a past with Christmas-themed posts, so to open the season I wanted to highlight a few of my favourites:


So that's my little update! Here's to finishing 2015 strong! Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/Seasons Greetings/ Happy whatever you celebrate!

Do you have any Christmas posts on your blog? Feel free to shamelessly plug them in the comments. And do let me know how you've been in my short absence! Exams? Christmas stuff? Boring stuff? Let me know!

Reading: Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith
Listening: "You and Christmas" by People You Know
Watching: The Sim Supply on Youtube

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, welcome back! And I have taken a break due to exams as well, but I look forward to getting into the Christmas spirit soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't remember last year being this crazy with school and exams, so I had a bit of a rude awakening to what I can ACTUALLY handle.

      Good luck with school!

      Delete
  2. Those photos are GORGEOUS *mildly falls in love* I was photographing my tree tonight, but I have no idea how to take dark photos so it's a mess. XD But my dog was being adorable and trying to eat the tree...so...photo opportunity had to happen. hehe.

    I'M GLAD YOU'RE BACK THOUGH. And I love the Christmasy header. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your tree photos went well! The best bet is to shoot at the lowest aperture you can manage, without losing focus on the actual tree.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Ooooo pretty tree! I'm glad you're back. ^ ^ I miss getting real trees. We have a fake one now, but it sheds just like a real one. The only difference is your don't have to water it. XD I may be doing a Christmas tag, but I do for certain have a New Years Eve post that features giveaways and such. ^ ^

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, a fake tree that sheds. You should definitely do a Christmas tag! That would be so fun!

      I love getting my real Christmas tree. It's tradition in our family.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE those photos. Beautiful! And welcome back. You do sound like you've been very busy. Definitely enjoy your break after your final exam. You've earned it. I haven't actually written any really Christmassy posts for my blog yet (though I'm so terribly behind on everything that it's no wonder!) I've mostly been finishing up uni, winning NaNoWriMo, and then getting bogged down in Christmas concert stuff recently. Looking forward to a break after Christmas! But it's all been fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words!

      University really throws a wrench into life, doesn't it? Especially blogging. Good luck finishing up everything and congrats on winning NaNo!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...