Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Blogger Spotlight: Victoria Grace Howell from Stori Tori's Blog

Wow, it seems like December has flown by. I'm sure you're all a little tired of the Christmas-y goodness, so I thought I'd end the month of with our usual Blogger Spotlight. I'm so excited to bring feature Victoria Grace Howell on SOI today. I've been following her blog Stori Tori's Blog for awhile now, and I'm so impressed with her dedication to her weekly features. It's great to see such driven bloggers in the blog-o-sphere. Now, I'll stop chattering and let you get onto the interview!



Where do you blog and what is your blog about?
I blog at Stori Tori’s Blog where I blog about writing tips, my writing journey, and awesome teas, music, and wonderful words catered primarily to Christian geeky writers.

What got you started with blogging?
Peer pressure. When I joined Go Teen Writers a few years back, I saw everyone had a blog and I was just learning about writer platforms, so I thought, “What the heck? Let me get in on this too.” At first I was quite terrible at it, but I believe I’m slowly getting better.

What is your motivation to blog?
Many reasons. I like connecting with the writing blogger community, I like helping out other bloggers, and I like the accountability. There are a lot of awesome peeps in the writing blogger community. That’s how I met Sunny. I also feel more accountable when I announce I’m going to do something in my Monthly Summary posts. I feel like now that I’ve told my whole little blogging tribe, I must do it. It encourages me to be accountable in other areas of life as well.

What is your biggest challenge/fear when it comes to blogging and how do you overcome it?
Wondering if people are reading and liking what they read. I only know when people comment and by the little view counter in my stats if anyone is actually reading my stuff. I wonder if I’m making good enough content and if I’m doing this whole blogging thing right. I’m still learning how to overcome it. I read a lot of material on blogging and I even recently took a webinar about it recently to work on getting better at it. Also, I try to shove my insecurity about my blog aside and just do it.

What is your biggest reward from blogging?
The encouragement probably. Writing can be a lonely business, but when I hear kind words from other people on my blog, it gives me a boost to keep going.

And to end the interview off on a fun note, what is one random or interesting fact about yourself?
I really love traveling. I love going to new places and staying away from home for a while. I’ve been to Florida (including the Keys), Georgia (of course because I live there), Tennessee, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Missouri, and France. I’m aiming to go to Alberta, Canada and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania next year! And I’m hoping to travel many more places in my future such as New Zealand, Japan, and the United Kingdom.

Thank you so much for being a part of this series, Victoria! If you haven't seen her blog, definitely check out Stori Tori's Blog. If you are interested in participating in this series, please feel free to send me an email at sunny.smith@hotmail.ca. As always, if you have any questions for Victoria, or about this series, leave them in the comments! 

12 comments:

  1. Another wonderful interview. ;)
    Will definitely visit Victoria's site.
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sanjana! I love featuring other bloggers on SOI, so that other bloggers can get connected:)

      Delete
    2. Aw I'm so glad you liked it, Sanjan. ^ ^ Thanks for visiting and commenting. ^ ^

      Delete
  2. I loved this post! I loved getting to know you better, Victoria! I relate so much to not knowing if you're doing blogging right. It's such a hard thing to overcome. But it inspires me that you're willing to push past the fear and just DO IT.

    Also, Sunny, kudos on the graphics you used in this post! Very well done. This whole post was overall just amazing. :D Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Sky! I love making graphics for SOI (it's a pet project of mine), so whenever someone mentions them it's the nicest ego boast, haha. If you enjoyed this post, I do them the last Wednesday of every month, so you should totally check those out (shameless promotion, I know).

      Thanks for visiting Sky!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Sky! I'm so glad you liked it. "Power through" has become my new motto like "Believe it!" is for Naruto. XD Thanks for your comment and thank /you/, Sunny, for featuring me!

      Delete
  3. What a great interview! I adore travelling as well even though I don't get to do it much because school priorities ._.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Mine problem is finances but I'm working on that. XD

      Delete
    2. Thanks for visiting Melanie! My problem is a combination of finances AND school priorities. Maybe someday!

      Delete
  4. Great interview, ladies! Tori, it's always nice to get to know you better. Like you, I always get jittery about my posts go live; I never know how people will respond, whether they'll like the content or not, etc. That said, I've found that the blogging community is encouraging and open-minded, and their responses are often more positive than I could hope for and put me at ease. I hope you find that with your blog posts as well - especially since they really are very good!

    And to Sunny: Lovely blog layout! I'm visiting your site for the first time tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Glad I'm not alone in the feeling. XD I've noticed that too, but with some posts I still get anxious. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for visiting Sara! And thank you for the kind words about my layout:)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...