Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Blogger Spotlight: Elizabeth at Brokenness Aside

It's time for another edition of Blogger Spotlight! The purpose of this feature is to help bloggers get to know each other and to hear a little bit about what happens behind the scenes of each blogger's blog. The first person that was "spotlighted" was H.M. Wilson over at Plottinger Twist, and I think it went over pretty well. Since that was a success, I'm happy to bring you Elizabeth from Brokenness Aside. I've been following this blog from the beginning, and I always find her posts so insightful. Hope you enjoy getting to hear from her today!



Where do you blog and what is your blog about?
I blog over at Brokenness Aside and my blog is simply my life journey. I like to blog about different situations and what I'm learning in every circumstance and season of life. 

What got you started with blogging?
I got into blogging back when I was probably eleven or twelve. I had a random blog that I co-wrote on with two other friends. It was utter madness; I try to go back and read some old posts sometimes, but it's so embarrassing that I end up slamming my laptop and moving on with life. None the less, that blogging experience made me realize how much fun it can be to express yourself using this outlet.

What is your motivation to blog?
My motivation to blog is that it gives me a chance to share some things that I'm learning in life. I think it's a great opportunity to teach others instead of keeping all of the life lessons that I'm learning stocked up in my mind. The idea that maybe someone will learn a thing or two that they feel they can apply to their own lives from my blog inspires me to keep writing. Of course I hope that when people read my blog they'll be entertained, but that's definitely not my main pull to write.

What is your biggest challenge or fear when it comes to blogging and how do you overcome it?
A challenge for me when I'm blogging is just having the motivation to keep writing, and knowing that it's okay to write about things that aren't always positive. Sometimes I can get so overwhelmed with day to day life and I think that I can't write about what's going on. I feel that society advocates so much for world peace or everyone being happy all the time. I end up thinking that the fact that I'm unhappy is almost frowned upon, therefore I shouldn't post about it online. The way that I overcome that is just remembering that my blog is my platform and I have the ability to write about whatever I want!

What is your biggest reward from blogging?
My biggest reward from blogging is when friends of mine tell me that what I've been writing about has really encouraged them or taught them something. I think it's so cool that little ol' me has the power to impact a life in some way!!

And to end the interview off on a fun note, what is one random or interesting fact about yourself?
A random fact about me is that I am so indecisive! For example, it takes me forever to decide what to get at a restaurant and then I'll decide that I want to try something new, but I'm so indecisive that I end up getting what I normally get instead. Also, I'm so indecisive that I'm trying to decide if I should keep this random fact or write a different one...

Thank you so much Elizabeth! Your honest approach to blogging is inspiring. If you haven't checked out Brokenness Aside, do it pronto!

If you'd like to be involved in this feature and be interviewed, please leave me a comment or shoot me an email (sunny.smith@hotmail.ca). At this point, I don't have any particular requirements, so everyone is welcome to take part. Let me know in the comments what you think of the newest installment, and if you have any questions for Elizabeth!

2 comments:

  1. This is cool! ^ ^ I've also felt pressure to always be happy and never talk about sad or serious things. This is especially hard for me since I'm more of a serious person in general. I get you there.

    Also, Sunny, I'd be interested in the Blogger Spotlight. :)

    Thanks for another great post!

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you enjoyed it! If you're interested in participating, just send me an email at sunny.smith@hotmail.ca

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...