Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Blogger Spotlight: H.M. Wilson at Plottinger Twist

Blogger Spotlight is a new feature that I'm introducing to A Splash of Ink where I interview other bloggers in the blog-o-sphere. The purpose of this feature is to get to know the blogger behind the blog and discover new blogs. I'm always curious to hear more of a blogger's story, so this feature gives me the perfect excuse to ask! I hope you enjoy the answers as much as I do. Hannah @ Plottinger Twist, has so graciously agreed to be the first interviewed, so without further adieu, I give you H.M. Wilson!



Where do you blog and what is your blog about?
I blog at Plottinger Twist. (www.plottingertwist.blogspot.com) To be honest, my blog is a rainbow of randomness... The primary focus is books & writing, but with such a broad subject, it can be difficult to narrow it down. The only way I know how to describe it is by saying, "Think of all the nerdy, dorky, bookish, writerly things that you love to fangirl over with your writer-friends... and make it a blog."

What got you started with blogging?
My blogging story is actually a rather long and strange one.

I started blogging over three years ago when my dad left for a two-week mission trip to Kenya, Africa. He had a blog to update the people back home every day, so I started mine to keep him updated about us while he was gone. I remember it being a really sweet way for us to bond & communicate.

The following year, I went on a two-week trip to Kenya as well, and used the blog to update everyone back home. But later that autumn, my entire family moved there to be missionaries! So, throughout our 6 months of living there, I blogged about how our lives were changing & how different the Kenyan culture was to the American culture.

After we came back, I didn't blog for awhile, but that didn't mean that the urge to write was gone. I decided to try NaNoWriMo that November, and also decided that I should start a book-blog to connect with other aspiring authors!

And that is how Plottinger Twist came into being...

What is your motivation to blog?
First of all, my primary motivation for writing is... writing!! I cannot express how much I enjoy the written word! Also, I enjoy the connection with other book-lovers across the world. And, in addition to all of this, it makes me feel good to know that someone out there likes to read what I create. That is why I blog, in a nutshell...

What is your biggest challenge or fear when it comes to blogging and how do you overcome it?
Oh... I get so nervous when I go through a dry spell. Every blogger who has been writing for any amount of time knows how scary it can be when you suddenly cannot think of anything interesting to write about!

The way I muddle through this issue is by taking a break. I go read a new book, write in a journal, or stalk some of my favorite blogs for inspiration. The key is to not give up! Realize that it is only a dry season & that the solution with eventually come.

What is your biggest reward from blogging?
I have been super blessed to make good connections with other bloggers who share many things in common with me. There's nothing quite like fangirling over a completely underrated book with a blogging friend who lives in another country!

And to end the interview off on a fun note, what is one random or interesting fact about yourself?
Autumn is my favorite season. But I am particularly fond of October. (My birth month! Lol!) There is something about the crisp smell in the air and the colorful, crunching leaves that makes me all giddy inside.

Using the words of L.M. Montgomery, "I am glad to live in a world where there are Octobers."


Thank you so much Hannah! Your answers were a great way to start off this series! Everyone needs to go check out Plottinger Twist, pronto! 

If you'd like to be involved in this feature and be interviewed, please leave me a comment or shoot me an email (sunny.smith@hotmail.ca). At this point, I don't have any particular requirements, so everyone is welcome to take part. Let me know in the comments what you think of this new feature!

18 comments:

  1. This is a great new feature, Sunny! I love reading interviews about bloggers - everyone has their own twist of why and how they got started, and their own flair that they bring to the table. It's absolutely fantastic.

    Hannah - I love that you mentioned that your favorite thing about blogging is the connections you make! It's the same for me: keeping the blog is great for the heart, but meeting new people who love the same things you do is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rae!! :) Making friends is probably the best thing ever! lol!

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad you liked it Rae! It's just as fun for me to host other bloggers:)

      Delete
  2. I've been waiting for you to do interviews, actually. xx Hannah is such a wonderful start to this series! :) I'll make sure to visit her blog as soon as I finish up this comment. Great post!
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to say that I read your mind, but my powers do not extend that far. Hope you enjoy Hannah's blog as much as I do!

      Delete
  3. I love this new feature! I always love it when bloggers introduce other bloggers - it really makes it easier to get to know the blogging community better.

    And Hannah - my favorite season is Autumn too! (but it's actually because of the weather - my birthday's not October)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kat! :) SWEET!! Another autumn-lover... XD

      Delete
    2. Sunny, you don't have to do it but I tagged you for some awards! Here's the link: http://wordspillers.blogspot.ca/2015/08/more-awards-yay.html

      Delete
    3. Thanks Kat! I visited your blog and left a comment over there:) I save the tag and do it in a few weeks if that's okay.

      Also, I really hope this helps people get to know other bloggers. Glad you saw it the same way I did:)

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I love this new feature. It's great to learn about bloggers beyond their "about" page because we don't often get to know stuff like the fact that their favourite month is October (which is super cool. October is the month of cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin candles. Ah, I love October.) I'll definitely have to check out Hannah's blog. (*puts hand up* if no one else is slotted in, I'd love to do an interview :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Victoria! :) Yeah, this was a nice treat for me too! I normally wouldn't think to share about my favorite season... Ahhhh... The spices & chill of the Fall are the bestest things ever. XD

      Delete
    2. Victoria, you should definitely send me an email about being interviewed! I'd love to have you:)

      Also, I agree with both of you, Oct. is amazing!

      Delete
  5. Sunny, thank you oh-so-much for having me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! This turned out really great:) Happy you were the first!

      Delete
  6. I like the idea of this feature :) And Hannah, your story about how you got started blogging is awesome! *heads over to Plottinger Twist*

    Thanks for sharing, Sunny!

    ~ Liza @ Classy Cat Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Liza! :) Thanks for reading & for stopping by my blog!! Lol! <3

      Delete
    2. Yay! Thanks so much for saying so:)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...