Friday, July 10, 2015

The Make Me Read It Readathon


Let me begin this post by saying that July has been a crazy month. We started off the month with a tragedy in our community that has shaken us all up. In the midst of grieving, we been planning a summer camp that I will be volunteering at next week. All in all, the first ten days of July have been a blur.That being said, I thought today would be the perfect day to set up my entry for Ely and Val's Readathon linkup!

Here's how Val explained the Readathon:
Look at the books you own, either physical, e-book or ones you've borrowed from the library and pick out a few you really want to read, or feel like you should read. It’s up to you how many you pick, personally I'd pick a few more than you expect to be able to read in a week. Example: if you think you’ll only read two, pick out five books or if you think you can read seven, pick out ten.

Make a list of these books on your blog, or make a video, or a Goodreads shelf or post a picture on Instagram—whatever is easiest for you. Then get friends, other bloggers/booktubers etc. to vote on which books you HAVE to read.

When the read-a-thon comes along, you read the books in the order of most votes. For example, if one book gets 10 votes—you read that first, then the one that got 7 and so on. If there's a tie, then it's your preference. The goal is to read as many as possible.

Read the entire post here.

One of my goals for this year is to read my bookshelf. I have so many books that I've bought and just never read because I've gotten so distracted with library books. I've been doing remarkably well with NOT borrowing books for the library (I work there, so it's kind of hard), but I still have a long ways to go before I've read all my personal books. I'm hoping that this link-up will help me along.

The week of the Readathon is July 20 - July 27, and my goal is to read two books. I'm a terribly slow reader, so I thought that I was a good little challenge for me. At first I wasn't sure if this was for me, since I'm a slowpoke, but both of the boss ladies encouraged me:




So if you're like me and hesitating, just jump in! It will be fun!

Now, for the real question: which two books should I read?
Be sure to vote in the sidebar! Leave me a comment if you've read any of these or heard anything good or bad about them!Which one would you pick?

Reading: The Year of Living Prayfully by Jared Brock
Listening: Owl City's album Of June
Watching: Gilmore Girls season 6

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, this looks like fun! I'm not sure if I can do it (there's a lot of stuff going on in my house right now) but I hope you enjoy all the books you read. :D Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure they'll host more things like this, so you can maybe join up when you're less busy:)

      Delete
  2. YAY GLAD YOU'RE JOINING! I'll update your link on the page! And I think I'll be voting for the Unlikely Hero, because I've heard pretty good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to read the Unlikely Hero, because I too have heard really great things. Can't wait to get reading!

      Delete
  3. LOL I just glanced at the title, and I thought it said, "DON'T MAKE ME READ THIS ALONE!!" Like, what....a...a horror story? XD hehe, anyway, I voted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I will definitely be doing this readathon. Another book that isn't on this list that definitely should be if you haven't read it already is The Girl on the Train and The Ocean at the end of the Lane!

    Kirsty xx

    kirstyhickey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard tons about The Girl on the Train, but nothing about The Ocean. I'll have to check those two out! Thanks for commenting on SOI! Good luck with your own Readathon!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...