Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Readership Survey and a Blog Link-Up Party!

With summer arriving, I  have more time to spend on A Splash of Ink, and I'm so excited for the future of this blog. This post features two things that I've been wanting to do for a really long time now:

A readership survey and a blog link-up party!

Survey:
Although I know the importance of the blogger enjoying their own blog, I want to make my blog a (even) better place for my readers. In order to get this feed back, I decided to create a survey. At first I wasn't sure if anyone would bother to do it, but I decided to go for it anyways. If only a few people respond, then at least I'll have a few more opinions than I had before the survey. I recognize that I'm asking you to take some of your time and do this for no reward other than the pleasure of filling out a survey, so if you choose complete it, I sincerely thank you.

While we're on the topic of thank-yous, I just want to say that all my readers are really great. I've never once had a mean comment. You are awesome (but you are more awesome if you complete my survey, tehe).


Click here to take the survey.

Link-Up:
For the first time ever on A Splash of Ink, I'm hosting a link-up party! I love participating in these, so I thought that it was high time that I hosted one. This link-up will run for three weeks, starting today and ending May 19. If you've been following SOI for awhile, you'll know that I have a small obsession with bookshelves. I love bragging talking about mine, and I want to hear everybody else's way of storing and displaying their books. 

The Prompt:
1. If you can, share a picture of your bookshelves (piles of books, boxes of books, anywhere you store your books) or describe the set-up you have. 
2. How do you sort your books? Author, genre, not at all?
3. Do you have any special trinkets or decorations on your shelves, or are they purely business?
4. What genre dominates your bookshelf? Or what genres make up your bookshelf?
5. Are there any books on your shelf that you're particularly proud of?
6. What is the ratio between read books and TBR books on your shelf?
7. What is the most recent addition to your bookshelf?
8. Describe your dream bookshelf setup.

I wanted to provide some questions to get you guys going, but this prompt is pretty general and you're welcome to deviate from it. You can also tack this onto the end of a book haul post, if you so desire. Answer some questions, answer all the questions, make up your own questions, just talk about bookshelves in some small way, and I'll be happy. 

I'm sure you all know how link-ups work, but in case you don't:
1. Write your post based off the prompt
2. Copy the bookshelf link-up graphic (above) and use it in your post
3. Link back to www.splash-of-ink.blogspot.ca
4. Come back and add your link to the link-up tool (below)

I'm excited (and nervous) to see everybody's response to these two new events on my blog. I'm also looking forward to putting up my own response to my link-up! I think this is going to be super fun. If you have any questions about the survey or the link-up, or notice some weird technical problem please leave me a comment.






Reading: Defy by Sara B. Larson
Watching: Gilmore Girls
Listening: Mumford and Sons

32 comments:

  1. Haha! FIRST! ^.^ *is smug* I did the survey, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're super! So much love Rach:D Can't wait to check it out!

      Delete
  2. Awesome link up! I look forward to giving this one a go hopefully next week. You've got some interesting questions. I'd be interested to see the ratio of TBR to read books on other people's bookshelves. Mine tends to the far extreme of read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you get around to joining! I too am curious about the TBR ratio. I wasn't going to include that question, then I threw it in at the last minute and I'm so happy I did! I'm actually curious to see what my ratio will be when I put my post up. It should turn out to be interesting:)

      Delete
  3. Oooh, you have (almost) good timing for this linkup! I'm in the process of moving, so my books are currently all boxed up. But SOON I will be UNPACKING THEM! And I already planned to post about it because, why not? So when THAT post goes up, I shall be joining your link-up :)

    ~ Liza @ Classy Cat Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect timing! I kind of want to pack up all my books again, so that I can unpack them and organize them better, haha. I'm so glad that you have plans to join!

      Delete
  4. Ooh, this is awesome! I can't wait to see all the answers—I plan on posting mine tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see yours! I'm glad you liked the idea; I was worried nobody would be interested:)

      Delete
  5. This is so much fun. :) I participated in the survey!
    I don't think I'll do the linkup... Just last year I did the #Shelfie tag, so I'm not going to do another bookshelf picture so soon.

    But, goodness. Have I ever told you how much I love your images you make? I love the linkup graphic. SO pretty. :D

    Katie Grace 0 | A Writer's Faith |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thanks! I try really hard to make my graphics good, so it's always nice to hear that someone appreciates them:)

      And that's totally fine if you don't participate! I'll have to look back into your archives and check out that post. It sounds good:)

      Thanks for commenting and survey-ing!

      Delete
  6. Link up button graphic is so beautiful :D
    I did the survey :P

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neal! I really appreciate you taking the time for the survey:)

      And thank you for admiring my graphic. I'm quite proud (and-oh-so-humble) of how it came together, so it's nice to hear that someone appreciates it:P

      Delete
  7. Hi, Sunny!
    I added my post to your link-up! Thank you for hosting this. I have never participated in a link-up before, and it was a lot of fun.
    Have a great day!
    -Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being involved Bailey! I'm honored that A Splash of Ink was your first link-up! You did great; I really enjoyed reading your post:)

      Delete
  8. Those are some great questions. I'm really excited about answering them. Would it be too late if I posted my answers this coming Monday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, you can submit your post until May 19, so you have lots of time:)

      Can't wait to see your post!

      Delete
  9. I would really love to join in in this link up but I'm slightly nervous. I've never done now before and never exactly understood what was going on when I saw other blogs do it. My books are scattered all around my room until I clean up my bookshelf and set things right.
    Also, I did the survey - some of your possible answers are very funny ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got a kick out of my survey. I tried to give it some comic relief, tehe.

      As for the link-up, don't be nervous. Basically everybody posts on their blogs in response to the host's prompt. Then they add their post link to the host's blog. When a reader visits the host blog, they can see all the other blogs who wrote on the same topic. Link-up parties help people find new blogs, increases blog traffic for all the bloggers involved, and in general promotes community in the blog-o-sphere.

      Hope that helped a bit.

      Delete
  10. Ummm... Just out of totally random curiosity.... Suppose my bookshelves are ugly?? Haha! XP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, no worries. You can just skip that question or not post a picture of your shelves. However, sometimes there can be beauty in functionality (even if on the surface it seems ugly:P).

      If you decide to skip the picture, I think it's still interesting to hear how you sort things, which books you still have to read, etc. etc.

      Hope you decide to link-up!

      Delete
  11. Ohhh I TOTALLY want to do this linkup!! I have it added to my to-do list now. ^-^ I love talking about bookshelves, they are the BEST. And I shall go fill out your survey now too. **nods**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you get around to doing the link-up! I'm curious to see what you do with all those ARCS, haha. And thank-you for filling out the survey!

      Delete
  12. HEY!! I kinda had a two-month hiatus but I am back in the game and of course your blog was one of the ones I needed to check out! I have missed it!

    ... and that was far too many consecutive exclamation marks. Bear with. I'm excited.

    How are you? How is uni? I hope all is well in Sunny's life. I have filled out your survey. As for the link-up, I'd love to participate! I'm doing a mini-series of posts currently so potentially I won't have space to do it before 19th of May - which would be sad - but I could cheekily, sort of, go outside the deadline ... I live life on the edge ... However, I only have two more posts in said mini-series lined up so unless I'm a very lazy blogger I should fit everything in.

    See you again soon!
    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU'RE BACK! YAY! Everything is super with me; hope you found your time off refreshing. I can't wait to seen new content on your blog!

      There is no such thing as too many exclamation marks. I tend to be pretty heavy handed in using them too, haha.

      As for going outside of the deadline, I think you should totally go for it! If the link-up is closed, you can always just leave your link in the comments. As the boss of this blog, I say it's okay, tehe.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Refreshing is maybe not *quite* the right word, but it did give me some time to dream up a few post ideas.

      Thank you. I feel authorised (as you are the boss).

      Delete
    3. Got my post up -- inside the allotted time, no less!

      Delete
  13. Awesome linkup prompt :) We should have our post done soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked it out! You guys (and your shelves) are awesome!

      Delete
  14. Found this link up from Gossiping with Dragons! I'm so going to join in before the link up is closed! Because books are awesome! :D

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So happy you found SOI! Books ARE awesome:)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...