A readership survey and a blog link-up party!
Survey:Although I know the importance of the blogger enjoying their own blog, I want to make my blog a (even) better place for my readers. In order to get this feed back, I decided to create a survey. At first I wasn't sure if anyone would bother to do it, but I decided to go for it anyways. If only a few people respond, then at least I'll have a few more opinions than I had before the survey. I recognize that I'm asking you to take some of your time and do this for no reward other than the pleasure of filling out a survey, so if you choose complete it, I sincerely thank you.
While we're on the topic of thank-yous, I just want to say that all my readers are really great. I've never once had a mean comment. You are awesome (but you are more awesome if you complete my survey, tehe).
Click here to take the survey.
For the first time ever on A Splash of Ink, I'm hosting a link-up party! I love participating in these, so I thought that it was high time that I hosted one. This link-up will run for three weeks, starting today and ending May 19. If you've been following SOI for awhile, you'll know that I have a small obsession with bookshelves. I love
bragging talking about mine, and I want to hear everybody else's way of storing and displaying their books.
1. If you can, share a picture of your bookshelves (piles of books, boxes of books, anywhere you store your books) or describe the set-up you have.
2. How do you sort your books? Author, genre, not at all?
3. Do you have any special trinkets or decorations on your shelves, or are they purely business?
4. What genre dominates your bookshelf? Or what genres make up your bookshelf?
5. Are there any books on your shelf that you're particularly proud of?
6. What is the ratio between read books and TBR books on your shelf?
7. What is the most recent addition to your bookshelf?
8. Describe your dream bookshelf setup.
I wanted to provide some questions to get you guys going, but this prompt is pretty general and you're welcome to deviate from it. You can also tack this onto the end of a book haul post, if you so desire. Answer some questions, answer all the questions, make up your own questions, just talk about bookshelves in some small way, and I'll be happy.
I'm sure you all know how link-ups work, but in case you don't:
1. Write your post based off the prompt
2. Copy the bookshelf link-up graphic (above) and use it in your post
3. Link back to www.splash-of-ink.blogspot.ca
4. Come back and add your link to the link-up tool (below)
I'm excited (and nervous) to see everybody's response to these two new events on my blog. I'm also looking forward to putting up my own response to my link-up! I think this is going to be super fun. If you have any questions about the survey or the link-up, or notice some weird technical problem please leave me a comment.
Reading: Defy by Sara B. Larson
Watching: Gilmore Girls
Listening: Mumford and Sons