Sunday, February 15, 2015

A Splash of Ink: Four Years in Review


Today is A Splash of Ink's fourth birthday! I cannot believe this blog has lasted so long. I'm amazed and so grateful for all your support. This year was a big year for A Splash of Ink. I thought about letting this day pass by with just a mention on Twitter, so I could let my previous post on posterity breath a bit. But I decided that I needed to document the growth that A Splash of Ink has experienced this year.


Let's talk about some milestones:

A Splash of Ink hit 100 GFC followers! 
In honor of this momentous occasion, I hosted my first ever giveaway. Currently A Splash of Ink is sitting at 108 GFC followers and 49 Bloglovin' followers.

A Splash of Ink hit 65 posts in 2014!
This is the highest post count ever! I did four month stint of writing two blog posts a week, but had to cut back when school started. This was honestly one of the best things I did for my blog, and I'm so glad that I did it when I had a chance. I hoping to give that schedule another go once this semester is over...but we'll see about that, haha.
Also, technically my blogging year goes from Feb. to Feb. but for the sake of this milestone I just counted the year. Sue me, tehe.

A Splash of Ink has officially started commenting back!
Or should I say Sunny Smith has started commenting back. This was a little development that I didn't officially announce until now, because I wasn't sure if I could manage it. I've always replied to comments on my blog, but I didn't usually do a return visit. Then I was inspired by some other blogs (*cough* Paper Fury *cough*) who were really dedicated to commenting back. So for the last month or so, I've been trying to visit the blog of everybody who leaves a comment on SOI. I've really enjoyed it! I've seen a lot of new blogs! Basically, all you commentators are awesome, so now it's an official practice.

And what would this party post be without a top ten list of the most popular posts?

Top Ten Posts from Year 4 (as decided by view-count)

Of course, none of this would have been possible if you guys hadn't stuck around to read SOI. So a HUGE thank you! What was your favourite post from the last year? Any suggestions for next year? Certain types of posts you want to see more of or less of? Let me know in the comments!

Reading: Gone by Michael Grant
Listening: Frank Sinatra
Watching; Gilmore Girls

14 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow! 4 years! Congratulations on your blogversary! May you have many more successful ones to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I hope there's many more to come:)

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday SOI!! Congrats on hitting all those milestones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat! It's always nice to take a look back at how SOI has grown:)

      Delete
  3. 4 years of blogging? Wow, Sunny. That's amazing! Congratulations! I comment back on other blogs, too, because I know enjoy it when other bloggers do the same for me. Obviously not all bloggers have the time, so I understand it's not a requirement, but it's just kind of nice, you know? Personally I love the blogging and writing advice posts on this blog, so I'd love to see some of those in the next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Another comment-back blogger! It is so nice to see a blogger who comments back. I know that's what inspired me to do it.

      Thanks for your input too! I definitely want to do more posts on writing and blogging. Personally, I think those are my best posts:)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY!!
    W.O.W 4 years blogging is a LONG time. Well done on keeping it up! And especially the 2 posts a week, that is some dedication.
    Comment backer = respect ^_^
    I'm really bad at commenting back; but I do it eventually. I always reply to the comment but I think visiting their blog back is just as important. It shows that the blogger really appreciates the comments and readers. To be honest there has been a few blogs that I used to read that never even replied and I lost interest after a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Doing two posts a week was great and terrible at the same time (SO MUCH WORK!).

      I don't always comment back promptly, but I try to reply to all the comments on one post before writing a new post. You're totally right; it's so important to be engaged with as a reader and as a blogger.

      Delete
  6. Happy 4th anniversary!!! I must say your blog design has changed a lot, and I really like the current one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's always nice to see someone appreciate the work that went into my design:)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...