Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Decorated Bookcase!


Merry Christmas! 
I just wanted to share how I decorated my bookshelf for Christmas before it was too late! Hope you had a chance to spend time with your family and eat lots of yummy food (or at least enjoy some time off from work/school). Enjoy!

Popcorn strings.

I had this empty frame sitting on the top, so I filled it with a festive drawing!
Tada! I just used some sharpies to draw this tree on an old book page.

Those penguins are actually salt and pepper shakers that I inherited from one of my great-grandmas. 
This is called a living Christmas Tree.
I got it from a local nursery, then just planted
it in a Christmas tin I got from Target. 

This is a greeting card that a friend sent me. It's not super Christmas-y, but
I think it's  nice reminder as to the true meaning of Christmas.

I had this little Thanksgiving picture up before so I thought it was time to replace it.
Here's what I replaced it with! Originally, I made this as a card, but I decided to keep it and
use it as decoration.
I also made this paper bow out of book pages!

And here's the final picture! There's a few of the updates missing, but it gives you an idea of how it looks.
What was the best part about your holidays? Did you do any decorating? Did you like my decorating? As always, let me know all your thoughts in the comments.

Reading: Cress by Marissa Meyer
Listening: the wind whistle around our house
Watching: the stockings being hung with care

13 comments:

  1. Preeeetty!
    I know I could never decorate like that (especially the popcorn; I would just eat it all instead) but my mom always insists on decorating for the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not the biggest popcorn fan (except if it's at the movie theater), so I did okay with not eating it when I made it. I also got the cheap kind, so that helped too, haha.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, your bookshelf is gorgeous! <3 I'm not nearly artistic or patient enough to do something like that xD but I did decorate a Christmas tree this year, because who wouldn't want an excuse to have a gigantic tree covered in shiny and twinkling things?
    Happy holidays :D

    - Connie @ The YA Book Thief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I maaaaaay do bookshelf posts because I want to show off them, haha.

      And yes, who wouldn't want an excuse to celebrate Christmas!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. YOUR BOOKSHELF IS SO GORGEOUS :'( I'm really jealous because I just cram my books into the small space my bookshelf leaves for me, and it looks VERY MESSY. I love the new look!!! I might want to get your shelf! :> (haha kidding, kidding)

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your bookshelf sounds like it needs a make over, haha.

      I started with the big shelf, then eventually bought the three small ones from the same line at Canadian tire. Needless to say, I'm very happy how they all fit together, giving the illusion of a built in, which is every book-lover's dream.

      Delete
  4. Hahah Merry belated Christmas Sunny! I really like how you decorated your bookshelf, BUT DOES THAT MEAN IT's ALL TAKEN DOWN NOW? Or are you keeping it like that forever? Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The decorations are still up! But I think the popcorn strings are starting to go a bit bad on me, so I think they'll be the first to go.

      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  5. This is complete beautifulness. SO NICE. I've only had my bookshelf for 1 year, but still, I did actually put Christmas lights over it. It looked quite awesome if I do say so myself. And my nephew/niece insisted I run the lights at ALL HOURS OF THE DAY. Who am I to say no?! I still have to take it all down...
    I love your real-life-Christmas-tree and the Sharpie tree and the penguins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought about putting Christmas lights on my bookcase, but I opted for popcorn strings. I didn't think I could pull off both at the same time, haha.

      Your niece and nephew sound sooo cute:) Happy New Year!

      Delete
  6. Wow. I think I actually underestimated the sheer volume of books you have. I can definitely see your need for a new bookshelf, now. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, looking more closely at the picture of the shelves, I have the overwhelming desire to storm into your house and arrange your books (and possibly your whole room) in frantic OCD fashion. XD but I have a thing for tidy bookshelves, so, y'know. XD

      Delete
    2. I do know about your OCD tendencies! And yes, my bookshelves need a bit of an overhaul, organizationally. I KNOW! It's a huge job, so it gets put off, haha.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...