|Isn't this so much prettier than the old Liebster banner?|
1. How do you define success when it comes to your blog? Followers? Comments? Money (hey, it could happen)?
Wow, way to start off with a hard question! To be honest, this changes from day to day. However, I'd say that feel the most confident about my success when I write good content. How do I know something is good content? Well, I feel like I put a lot of thought and effort into it, people comment and tell me that I'm awesome, or the stats show that a lot of people have looked at it.
Also, seeing that follower number go up helps, haha.
2. Do you have a day job? If so, what is it?
Well, I have a few day jobs. First, I'm a university student, second I work at the library and third, I occasionally do some work in an IT department.
3. If you could blog full-time (make enough income from it) would you? Why or why not?
Um, YES! That would be awesome (but maybe stressful, but probably just awesome).
4. Do you always buy books from certain authors? Who?
Nope. I get most of my books from the library. I'm pretty fickle when it comes to buying books. Usually I have to have some sort of assurance that it will be good (usually I've read the author before or the other books in a series), or I just buy random stuff because it's cheap.
5. Do you feel the need to finish a series? Why or why not?
If I didn't like the first book in the series, I probably won't finish it. I have a hard enough time finishing series that I actually like. I tend to forget the plot while I'm waiting for the next book to come out.
6. Do you write reviews for everything you read? Why or why not?
Haha, no. The reason? *cough* laziness *cough* er...we'll go with too busy.
7. What is your absolute favorite book blog? No, yours doesn’t count. Why is it so fabulous?
Sorry, but I'm not answering this. I read so many good book blogs that I can't say which one is my favourite. If you're interested in seeing what blogs I follow, you can check it out here.
8. Hardcover, mass market paperback, trade paperback, or e-book? Discuss.
Paperback all the way. Why? Cheaper, easier to read in bed, not as heavy, fit in my purse nicer.
9. How many books do you own (let’s exclude ebooks for brevity)? A rough estimate is fine. Don’t go counting them all.
Ummm *looks a bookshelf*...probably somewhere around 400? There's a mixture of reference books, children's books, ya books, religious books, and many books that I haven't read yet.
10. How do you feel about cover reveals? Do you participate? Visit blogs participating? Why or why not?
I'm not overly familiar with cover reveals, so no comment. I don't see anything wrong with them, though, from what I do know about them...
11. What is your absolute favorite book of all time? Pick one. Yes, I know it’s hard.
Beka Cooper: Terrier by Tamora Pierce. Every time I read this book I love it more. I just love the mixture of police work, lower-city-ness, and the memorable characters. The setting is so so well written! If you like fantasy, read this book.
I'm only going to tag one person, because as we've already established, I'm a blogging deviant. Now for the nomination:
Rachel from Secret Scribblings!
Rach is a new book-blogger and just starting off. If you have time I'm sure it'd mean the world to her for you to stop by, leave a comment and if you're feeling really generous, following her. Since Lelia's questions were so good, those can be your 11 questions and if you feel so inclined you can nominate 11 other bloggers.
Leave me your thoughts and your responses to these questions in the comments! I'm really curious to hear what people have to say (especially the question about success!).
Reading: Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian by Eoin Colfer
Listening: Owl City
Watching: My homework taking over all my free time...