Saturday, August 23, 2014

If Book Quotes Were About Food...Part 2

Back in May, I did a post where I blasphemed literature and rewrote book quotes, so they'd be about food. Silly? Yes. Totally fun? Yes. I had a good time doing it, and I think you guys liked it too, so I thought it was high time for another go of it. Enjoy!


The Original:
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

The Foodie Version:
"It does not do to dwell on donuts and forget to live."

-Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone




The Original:
"Fear doesn't shut you down, it wakes you up." 

The Foodie Version:
"Sugar doesn't shut you down, it wakes you up (then later it shuts you down again)."

BONUS QUOTE!
“I have a theory that selflessness and bravery aren't all that different.”

The Foodie Version:
"I have a theory that burritos and fajitas aren't all that different."

-Divergent


The Original:
“I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.” 

The Foodie Version:
" I know what I wanted for supper when I got up this morning, but I think I must have changed my mind several times since then."

-Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass




The Original:
"To be or not to be, that is the question."

The Foodie Version:
"To add gravy or not to add gravy, that is the question."

-Hamlet




The Original:
"Anne laughed.
'I don't want sunbursts or marble halls, I just want you.'”

The Foodie Version: 
"Anne laughed.
'I don't want sponge cake or marble ice cream, I just want you."

-Anne of the Island 



Feel free to leave you own foodie quotes in the comments and let me know what you think of mine!

Reading: The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
Listening: Lana del Ray
Watching: Graceland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...