Share 11 random facts about yourself
Answer 11 questions that Sarah Coon gave me
Tag 11 bloggers and give them 11 questions
Since it is my blog, and I have a tendency to break the rules, I'm going to tailor the tag a bit to my preferences! Try to stop me, MWAHAHA!
I'm going to give you three random facts about myself, answer 11 of Sarah's questions and tag anyone who'd like to participate.
1. I'm currently (re)binge watching Rookie Blue. I don't know what it is with that cop show, but it seems so much better the second time around. There's something about the characters, the Canadian elements, the drama...oh and did I mention McSwarek? (remember how we were talking about portmanteaus a few weeks ago? McSwarek is one of them!)
2. I have little plants on my bookshelves that I planted from seeds and feel extremely proud of. They aren't dead (yet!).
3. I love pictures. I have a ridiculous amount of picture frames hanging/sitting around my bedroom all filled with pictures of people I love/places I love. I think it's got to do with me wanting to hold onto the memories.
Sarah's 11 Questions:
1. Do you prefer writing with paper and pencil or on the computer?
It really depends on what's convenient. If I'm away from my computer, and I've only got paper, then paper it is. However, if I had a choice, I'd probably pick the computer. It's easier to keep everything neat and organized.
2. If you didn't write/blog, what would you be doing?
I'd probably be paying more attention to my photography and art. And I'd probably be reading more!
3. Who has influenced you the most, whether it be a "historical" figure (missionary, author, president, ect.), someone you know, or a character?
For life in general, I'd have to say my grandma. She's so loving and gentle and selfless, the type of woman I hope to become.
In terms of writing, it's hard to put my finger on one or two people in particular, because of how often it changes. The one person that comes to mind is Tamora Pierce. Her books have had a big influence on the way I write settings and create worlds.
4. What song do you find yourself listening to the most lately?
Just a Song by Callie Moore
5. Do you love the feel of a paperback in your hands or the convenience of a kindle/the like?
I desperately want to stay loyal to the printed book, but my sister's Kobo has been looking awfully convenient lately...
6. What was the last word you wrote in a story or read in a book?
The last word I read was from Airborn by Kenneth Oppel. It was: "swivel"
7. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Night owl. Just look at the time stamps on some of these blog posts.
8. If you could choose one thing to accomplishment immediately from your bucket list, what would it be?
Ack! Why do you ask me hard questions?! I don't really know. I try to just take things as they come and not think too too much about the future.
9. What is one quirk you consider to be special and unique to you? (C'mon now - we all have one!)
I don't know if it's special to me (in fact I'm pretty sure it's not), but I have to have a comforter on my bed all year around. It doesn't matter if it's the hottest day of the summer, I need to feel the weight of the blanket on me to go to sleep.
10. What is your one essential travel item?
My book light. There's nothing worse than trying to read in a poorly lit room, or while driving at night (as a passenger, of course!).
11. What is the first story ever you remember writing?
I don't remember all the details, but it was a mystery where the perp used stilts to rob a house. I think
Nancy Drew the girl detective I invented, figured it out through a dream. It was your typical poorly planned first story that filled half of a paper workbook.
There you have it! Now, if you're interested, I'm awarding each and everyone of you with The Sunflower Blogger Award! Annnnnd, because I'm feeling a bit lazy, I'm going to give you the same questions to answer that Sarah gave me. Feel free to do this tag the proper way and not my modified version. If you do this tag, be sure to leave a comment with the link! Oh and if you're feeling lazy like me, you can do a mini version of this right in the comment section by sharing three random facts about yourself. Or you can just leave me a normal comment, those are good too, haha.
Anyways, thanks again to Sarah Coons for tagging me; it was super fun!
Reading: Airborn by Kenneth Oppel
Watching: Rookie Blue