Thursday, June 12, 2014

How Long Should My Blog Post Be?

This is a question that I've struggled with a lot as a blogger and still haven't found a solid answer to. However, I do have some personal guidelines that I try (emphasis on try!) to follow to get the perfect blog post length. In hopes that they made be of some help to you, I wanted to share them all with you. I decided to share in the form of a flow chart. This is the mental process I try to go through before I post on A Splash of Ink. Click to enlarge the photo.


What do you think of my flow chart? Do you follow something similar? Opinions on blog post lengths? Let me know in the comments!

Reading: Airborn by Kenneth Oppel
Watching: Rookie Blue
Listening: The Black Keys

6 comments:

  1. My problem is my posts are usually too short! lol I like things short and sweet, so unless I have a featured book & author, they're usually about 150 words. I'm the soul of brevity. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lovely problem to have:) I'm the opposite; I'm a big rambler and have always had to work at it.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. ooo but I love rambling! haha. But the truth is is that I do need to work on my writing and organization skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rambling is sometimes exactly what a blog post needs, but I can't always turn my ramble on and off, haha.

      Good luck with improving your skills:)

      Delete
  3. Really cool flow chart. Yea, it is important to remember to stay on point and not ramble because TL;DR is a real thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I try really hard to never make anything too long to read,because I know that I'm guilty of skipping posts because they look too dense.

      Also, thanks for introducing me to the term TL; DR. I didn't know that one, until you commented and I googled it, haha:P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...