Saturday, May 31, 2014

If Book Quotes Were About Food...

I was thinking the other day (it must have been before lunch) how funny it would be if all the popular book quotes were about food. In a fit of silliness, I composed these foodie renditions of some famous book quotes. Enjoy and try not to get too hungry in the process!



The Original:
“O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?" 

Foodie Version:
“O Ravioli, Ravioli, wherefore art thou Ravioli?"

-Romeo and Juliet



The Original:
“About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him-and I didn’t know how potent that part might be-that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.” 

Foodie Version:
“About three things I was absolutely positive. First, I was hungry. Second, there was a part of me -and I didn’t know how potent that part might be-that thirsted for a milkshake. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with food."

                                                                                                        -Twilight



The Original:
“You love me. Real or not real?"
I tell him, "Real.”  

Foodie Version:
"This cheese: real or not real?"
I tell him, "Real."

-The Hunger Games



The Original:
“I hope she'll be a fool -- that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.” 

Foodie Version:
“I hope she'll be a foodie -- that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little foodie.” 

-The Great Gatsby


The Original:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."

Foodie Version:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good Oreo, must be in want of a glass of milk."

-Pride and Prejudice




The Original:
“My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.”

Foodie Version:
"My thoughts are the ingredients I cannot fathom into recipes."

-The Fault in Our Stars 





Feel free to leave me one of your foodie quote renditions in the comments!

Reading: The Lock Artist by Steve Hamilton
Watching: Call the Midwife
Listening: Jack Johnson

12 comments:

  1. Ehehehe, that is a rather amusing idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad you thought so! I wasn't sure if it was a little too silly.

      Delete
  2. Loved it! "My thoughts are the ingredients I cannot fathom into recipes."
    There's going to be many a foodie that'll grab that line and run with it. Awesome work, would love to see a whole heap of random topics inserted into book quotes. Will look out for more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt pretty clever when I came up with that one, and I thought it was fitting, considering the new movie!

      Thanks for the encouragement; I'm thinking this might need to be a regular thing on SOI.

      Delete
  3. These are so funny! I love your blog:)
    In Christ,
    Sarah
    foreverchanged13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed these!

      Thanks for the praise too! I love comments like yours:D

      Delete
  4. Nothing less than brilliant! My favorite is the Pride and Prejudice quote. Awesome post, Sunny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think the P and P one might be my favourite too:)

      Delete
  5. That was awesome! Now I'm hungry (curse you, diet...). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CURSE DIETS EVERYWHERE!!!

      Thanks for commenting:D

      Delete
  6. Bahaha. These are hilarious! If you're looking for intelligent tweets, look no further than that Cheese line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, good idea! Maybe not the smartest line, but it's certainly fun:D

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...