Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Great Gatsby Profile (AKA My English Assignment)

If you've read my about me section, you'll know that I graduated high school last year. When I was going through all my old school papers last week, I found this little assignment. In grade twelve English we read The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and had to make a Facebook profile picture for one of characters. My reaction to that:
 Did I question the academic value of this assignment? Yes. Did I complain about it wasting my time to anyone who would listen? Yes. Did I enjoy writing it? In the end...yes. 

The pictures are a little outdated as I did this assignment just before the newer movie version came out. However, I thought you might get a laugh out of it anyhow. I certainly did when I uncovered it.

And if that didn't make you chuckle, I'll leave you with this gif:
Reading: Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
Listening: Beethoven
Watching: Chicago Fire

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure of the educational value either but it's pretty funny. Bruce Dern looks weird with a neat haircut. Nice cameo by Spiderman.

    mood
    Moody Writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I thought I was SO clever for including that Spiderman bit. And yes, Dern needs his hair to be a bit more wild to suit his rep.

      Delete
  2. That kind of looks like a fun idea. Maybe no point to it learning wise, but still fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I came around to the idea. It's nice to do something fun in school once in awhile.
      Thanks for commenting:D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...