Saturday, March 15, 2014

A Stab at Minimalist Bookcovers

I've been trying out a new artistic style this past week: minimalist book covers! I thought I'd share the three I've done so far with you guys and get some feedback. It's been a bit of a learning curve, and I've had to tamp down my perfectionist side a bit. However, I'm satisfied enough to put them on the big, wide internet for everyone's eyes. Take a look, if you'd like.

I chose to represent Katniss and Rue in this one, because I loved the relationship they had. It was interesting to see the contrast between their friendship and the games. 

I know this one might be a bit more obscure. I always liked to think that the Gallagher Girls had a certain class to their spying; I wanted to represent that side of the series (even if it could use a bit more "spy").


If you read my post from a few weeks ago, you'll know that this is my "happy book". This is the closest to the actual cover of the book. At this point, I hadn't experimented too much, but I think it turned out alright.

The Real Covers:

Let me know in the comments if you have any feedback or thoughts on my book covers. Also, if you'd like to see more stuff like this, let me know!

Reading: Three by Kristen Simmons
Listening: Mumford and Sons
Watching: Veronica Mars

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Tamora Pierce ;) the art on these is very cool, good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!
      Yay! Another person who likes Tamora Pierce! I'm not the biggest fan of all of her books, but I can't deny how talented she is:D Beka Cooper is my FAVOURITE!

      Delete
  2. I love your cover for The Hunger Games! It looks so good, and interesting, and it's MEANINGFUL! I agree with you that the third cover could use some more spy, maybe add a pair of binoculars in her hand or something! (just throwing out ideas) Anyways awesome art, I love it!

    Lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...binoculars...that's a great idea!
      Thanks for the kind comments and for stroking my ego:D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...