Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Splash of Ink: Three Years in Review

In celebration of three years (!!!!) I want to look back at some of my favourite posts, some of your favourite posts (aka most viewed posts) and evolution of A Splash of Ink.

My Favourite Posts:

A Splash of Ink's Video Debut
I filled up my entire writer's journal and made a video giving everyone a tour of it. I worked hard on this and was satisfied with how it turned out.

The Five Stages of Grief
I talk about the five stages of grief and how you can use it in your story.

An Example of Revision
In this post, I return to a piece of writing (a prior blog post) that had been niggling at me, just begging for revision.

Stop Thinking, Start Doing
This is a simple post sharing something that inspired me. A car commercial!

To Review or Not to Review
This post discusses some of the ethics behind reviewing books.

Your Favourite Posts (decided by view count):

Anglo-Saxon vs. Latinate
I wrote about something that the internet doesn't have much about: anglo-saxon and latinate words.

How to Increase Blog Traffic
This is the second post in a two part series about getting the view count on your blog up.

Writing Research: How to Win a Sword Fight
Together we learned some fighting terms and how to apply them to our stories. Complete with MS Paint illustrations compliments of moi.

A Bookish Update
I give brief reviews of Partials by Dan Wells and Why We Write by Meredith Maran. I also plug a few websites of my friends.

Keeping Track of Our Blogs and How to Use Bloglovin'
This post was published back in the summer when we all thought Google Friend Connect was going away. I talked about how to join up with Bloglovin'. I still use Bloglovin' and it's great; I like that I can mark posts as read and then they disappear from my feed.

It's fun and a little embarrassing for me to go back into A Splash of Ink's archives. Some of those early posts (and some more recent ones too) are a little bit rough. I'm tempted to go back to edit them, but I won't. It's good for me as a writer to see how far I've come, and how some of my ideals have changed.

How about you? Have you changed since you started blogging? Do you like going back into your archives? Have you got a favourite post or type of post on SOI? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

Reading: Terrier by Tamora Pierce
Listening: Johnny Cash
Watching: the Olympics

2 comments:

  1. Happy three years!!! You've had some wonderful posts! I hope we get you for three more years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope that I can stick it out as well:D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...