Tuesday, October 22, 2013

New Twitter and the Social Shelf!

Hello everybody! Hope all is well with you.

I have an announcement (that I already spoiled in the title of this post). I made the plunge and made myself a twitter account. I hummed and hawed over it for awhile; it did seem like a waste of time, and it did seem a little self indulgent. However, through a little exploration, I decided that (within moderation and done the right way) Twitter would be a good move for the blog. It would be easier to get in touch with readers and send out interesting writerly tidbits. So without further adieu, my twitter:

My "handle" is @Sunny_Smith9
In addition to creating a twitter account, I created a whole new page on this blog. If you look up and in the pages bar, you'll see Find Me Places. If you click over to that page, you'll see my social shelf with the brand new twitter account on it.


So there you have it! I'm still wandering around twitter (not unlike a toddler wandering around a candy shop) and learning, so if you have any tips/tricks, awesome people I should follow, and if YOU have a twitter handle leave it in the comments and I'll check you out. Also, let me know what you think of twitter and these new changes on SOI. 

Reading: Breaking Point by Kristen Simmons
Listening: Plain White Ts
Watching: Youtube bookshelf tours
Previously on A Splash of Photography: What a Day for a Daydream

4 comments:

  1. That makes two of us! Still um-ing and err-ing over whether I should finally take the plunge, worst case theres always the delete button ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! Knowing that I control what I tweet and who I follow really took a lot of the nervousness out for me. And yes, there's always the delete button. Leave a comment with your handle if you end up getting it:)

      Delete
    2. Well here it is :) @sjp_title was alot easier than expected and already seeing the networking benefits! could be fun ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...