Friday, October 18, 2013

Guest Post: Purple Moon Blog Tour

Today I bring you another guest post. We've had a few of those around here lately. This time the post comes from Tessa Emily Hall who is making a stop at A Splash of Ink for her book release blog tour. Let's give Tessa a warm SOI welcome!


Who is Tessa?
Tessa Emily Hall is a 19-year-old author of Purple Moon, her YA Christian fiction novel to be published September 2013 by Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas. She is also the editor over the faith department for Temperance Magazine, a column writer for Whole Magazine, a contributing writer for More To Be, as well as the PR for God of Moses Entertainment. Other than writing, Tessa enjoys acting, music, Starbucks, and her Teacup Shih Tzu—who is named Brewer after a character in her book, as well as her love for coffee.
Website:  www.tessaemilyhall.com  Blog: www.christiswrite.blogspot.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/tessaemily  Facebook: www.facebook.com/tessa.h16

What is Purple Moon?
Selena's life isn't turning out to be the fairy tale she imagined as a kid. That hope seemed to vanish long ago when her dad kicked her and her mom out of the house. This summer might finally hold the chance of a new beginning for Selena ... but having to live with her snobby cousin in Lake Lure, NC while waiting for her mom to get out of rehab wasn't how Selena was planning on spending her summer. She soon begins to wonder why she committed to give up her "bad habits" for this.

Things don't seem too bad, though. Especially when Selena gains the attention of the cute neighbor next door. But when her best friend back home in Brooklyn desperately needs her, a secret that's been hidden from Selena for years is revealed, and when she becomes a target for one of her cousin's nasty pranks, she finds herself having to face the scars from her past and the memories that come along with them. Will she follow her mom's example in running away, or trust that God still has a fairy tale life written just for her?
Find “Purple Moon” on Amazon 
Find “Purple Moon” on Goodreads
Find “Purple Moon” at Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas
Like “Purple Moon” on Facebook


Behind the Scenes of Purple Moon: Brewer's Coffee Shop
I’m not sure when I decided to incorporate Brewer’s Coffee Shop into Purple Moon, but I know it was after I’d already given Austin the last name “Brewer”. Because of that, I chose for his mom to be the owner of the coffee shop. (Fun fact: After writing Purple Moon, I decided to name my Imperial Shih Tzu Brewer as well. )

I’ve always wanted to work at a coffee shop. And if I hadn’t been busy these past 3 and 4 years working on Purple Moon, I probably would have. I have several dreams, and one of them is to own a coffee shop one day, just like Austin’s mom. (Of course, it would be even more perfect if the coffee shop was in the mountains like Brewer’s Coffee. =)




Just like with my desire of writing, my desire for coffee started when I was in pre-school. I can’t remember the first drink of coffee I had—however, I can remember how happy I was every time I was given a sip of non-black coffee. In fact, every time my dad would go on a business trip, he would bring me back a miniature coffee mug. (Don’t worry, my parents didn’t let me start drinking coffee until I was ten. But I didn’t drink it regularly. And when I did have it, my parents would mostly add milk in the coffee. I couldn’t tell the difference.)

My protagonist, Selena, has many of my own qualities, such as: introverted, artsy, dreamer, wears the same style of clothes as I do, etc. So naturally, I had to have her love coffee as much as I do as well. =) One of my favorite scenes in Purple Moon actually takes place in Brewer’s Coffee Shop, but I guess you’ll just have to read the book to see what happens!

Fact or Fiction?
Guess this fact or fiction, and be sure to stop by the next blog tour stop to see if you guessed correctly! (You’ll also receive one extra entry for the “Purple Moon” Prize Pack if you send me your guess.)

“Purple Moon” Prize Pack! 

a Rafflecopter giveaway

“Purple Moon” Blog Tour Stops:
Don’t forget to stop by the blog tour’s next stop to increase your chances of winning the PURPLE MOON Prize Pack! If you'd like to see the entire listing, from the beginning of the tour, please click here.

Monday, October 21st: Purple Moon Excerpt: Farkle at the Park: A Slightly Nerdy Bookworm
Tuesday, October 22nd: Teenage Dating: Tell The World
Wednesday, October 23rd: Q & A: The YA Book Stack 
Thursday, October 24th: How Much of My Personal Life Did I Put Into “Purple Moon”?: Read For Your Future
Friday, October 25th: Fairy tales & Happy Endings + Contest Winners!: Inspiring Daring 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...