Monday, April 22, 2013

A Splash of Ink Has a New Layout!

I'm sure you've noticed that SOI has gone from this:

To this:

I decided that I needed some change, and seeing how spring is coming (or is SUPPOSED to be coming/is here) I decided on a fresher look. The colours are lighter and not quite as heavy as before. I also went for a bit of a simpler look. I'll still probably be tweaking it, but this is the new look. Let me know if you're having trouble reading anything and your general thoughts in the comments. 

I also learned that my previous post on how to center a blogger title is out of date (GASP!). Here is the new and improved way to center your blog's header.

Click on "Template" in the sidebar, and then click the customize button which is under the picture of your blog. See image (and my sketched numbers, tehe)
Now go click on the "Advanced" tab in the sidebar. 

Scroll to the bottom of the list in the second column, and then click "Add CSS". This is the section where you can override the original blogger settings, beyond what the template designer offers. 


In the white box copy and paste this text:
#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;} #header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

The preview should pop up in the screen below, and then you're done! This is a simple, but effective design change. Hope that helps you out in your next blog re-design. Don't forget to let me know if you're having any problems viewing SOI and what you think! Another question: Have you done a blog redesign lately? What motivated you to do it?

What I'm reading: Wedding Photography by Mark Cleghorn and Why We Write by Meredith Maran
What I'm listening to: Death Cab for Cutie
What I'm watching: Doctor Who

P.S. I'm thinking of doing a bookshelf tour. Anyone done one or seen a good one? Think I should try it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...