Wednesday, August 29, 2012

What Should I Read Next?

This is just going to be a quicky post on some ways to find your next book to read that I've complied over the last little bit. It can be a really hard question to answer sometimes, especially after a few books that were less than impressive leading you to doubt your ability to pick good books!

Here's to helping you find a good book!

  • Check out this website. You type in the name of a book that you liked and it comes up with a list of other books/authors that you may enjoy.

  • Join Goodreads. You can enter all the books that you've read with your ratings and then it will come with recommendations for each genre that you've read books in. Goodreads will also keep track of all the books you want to read so you never forget a book! Here's my recommendations based on my favourites shelf:
  • Pay attention to what other people (online and off) are talking about. Often bloggers will post reviews or have a list a favourite books which are good places to start. I have a little favourites bookshelf down at the very bottom of this page. Also, you can talk to librarians and other bookish people and ask them for their opinions. They will love that.

There you go, three ways to find a good book. I know the last one is kind of "duh", but you'd be surprised how many people don't even think to do that. Have you got any sure fire ways of finding a good book?


What I'm reading: Fire by Kirstin Cashore and The Con Artist Handbook: The Secrets of Hustles and Scams by Joel Levy

What I'm listening to: United States of Pop 2009: Blame it on the Pop by DJ Earthworm (I know, classy)

What I'm watching: Covert Affairs and White Collar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...