Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries

The other day my sister emailed me a link to this video and I've been hooked ever since. It's Pride and Prejudice told via vlog by Elizabeth "Lizzie" Bennet mainly and with help from Charlotte, Lydia, Jane, and "Bing-Lee" so far. I'm not a huge Austin fan (I know, shun the non-believer), but I know the basic story of P and P thanks to this movie, the Bollywood version of P and P:
and the helpful, knowledgeable audience who watched it with me. Anyways the Lizzie Bennet Diaries are so fun to watch, although I will warn you there is some language (especially from Lydia). So enjoy and let me know what you think!

5 comments:

  1. Haha I love this! (You're not an Austen fan? Throws stones.)I watched the bollywood version the other day... it's great (but at least watch the BBC version with Colin Firth. That's great too.)

    Am a new follower of your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I know, I should really get my act together with the classics. I've got a couple friends who probably wouldn't mind enduring all -what is it? six hours? of P and P BBC style with me.

      Thanks for the comment and follow!

      Delete
  2. Yay!!! I'm not big on Austen either!!! :) Or Tolkien. But most people give me dirty looks when I say that. ;)

    It's kind of funny, because I've never watched/read Pride and Predudice, but I've watched Bride and Predudice. I seem to remember loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that comment sounded exactly like something I might have said, except I have seen the Keira Knightly version of P and P. I'm with you with Bride and Prejudice; it's awesome!

      Needless to say, I don't mention my dislike for some classics very loudly or very often.

      Delete
  3. I've heard such good things about the Lizzie Bennet Diaries, and now this post is just going to make me go for it. (Don't say that those post-recommendation widgets don't work, because that's how I got here.) Also, Bride and Prejudice was a fantastic movie! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...