Monday, August 13, 2012

Of Profiles, Pinterest and Other Things

Last night I did a little bit of internet housekeeping. I took, edited and changed my profile picture:
Can you say addicting? It's loads of fun, but wow, I must have spent an hour just looking at random stuff. Anyways, I created a board with pictures of people that could lead to character ideas. It's called Possible Character Ideas (original, I know).

I added a little text box in the sidebar with a list of everywhere you can find me online.

And, the most important, I GOT AN IDEA!!
So here it is. I wanted to conduct an interview with teen writers and post it to the blog. It would end up being a piece from teen writers about teen writers. I've read a lot of stuff about teen writers, but never anything in an interview style with multiple opinions. Naturally, I know some teen writers in real life, but I wanted to open it up to other blogging teen writers as well. And what do you get in return? Well, you'd be welcome to post the finished interview on your blog, and you'd get a chance to get your name (and blog) out through A Splash of Ink and the other participants who choose to post the interview. Of course the whole process would take place through two or three emails, so it's minimal work for both ends. I thought I'd throw this idea out there, so if you're interested and fall between the ages of 12-20 leave me a comment or email me at sunny.smith@hotmail.ca

What I'm Reading: Graceling by Kirstin Cashore
What I'm Listening to: The Killers
What I'm Watching: Rookie Blue *GASP* Did you see last week's episode?!

6 comments:

  1. I have developed the deepest love for pinterest, and I know what you mean about scrolling through random pins, will definitly check out your board ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! It's not much, but it's a start.

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of this idea. And I'm a teen writer. Just throwing that out there for no particular reason whatsoever. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! I'm still looking for one or two more people if you're interested...Feel free to email me at sunny.smith@hotmail.ca :)

      Delete
  3. My teenage daughter bugged me to get on Pinterest. I'm not addicted like her but it is enjoyable. Look forward to reading your interviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's funny, my mom actually kept talking about it one day, so I decided to look into it more. It was the opposite!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...