Sunday, July 22, 2012

Good Writing Blogs and Awards

In this post I want to tackle two things. First responding to an award Page Lollie over at The Dream Words gave me and the second (inspired by the award) share a list of writing blogs that are worth checking out.

The award:
The rules:
This award is for book bloggers only to receive this award the blog must be at least 50% about books (reading and writing is okay)
Along with receiving this award you must share your top five favourite books you have ever read. You must award 5 bloggers with booky blogs you adore.

However, I'm going to break the rules and just open it up to anyone who wants to do it on their own blog. If you choose to accept this award comment with a link to your post about it. I always enjoy seeing people's favourite books.

Okay, so my top five:
WHY MUST YOU ASK ME HARD QUESTIONS?!
But if I HAD to choose just five I'd say...

The Beka Cooper trilogy (except the last one) by Tamora Pierce
The Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer
The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling (I'm original, I know)
The Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing Series by Judy Blume (I don't think that's really what it's called, but whatever)
The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins

If you'd like to see my other favourites, I have a little widget from Goodreads at the bottom of this blog.

The Writing Blogs:
This blog has a lot of fantasy advice, but is helpful to all types of writers. A couple of posts of hers are: Five Simple Ways to Kill Your Villian, and Why Humor Will Make or Break Your Story

This blog is amazing. Every post is chock full of helpful ideas and advice. It's not something I'd want to read for hours, but when I'm in a fix it's usually got a post to help me.

Another great blog. Many of you probably know about it, but if you don't I encourage you to check it out. Look for their character trait thesaurus, AMAZING!

If you have any writing blogs that are super helpful, then just leave a comment and I'll check 'em out!

What I'm reading: Still Insurgent by Veronica Roth
What I'm listening to: Five for Fighting
What I'm watching: Numb3rs

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading Tamora Pierce in highschool! I read the whole shelf and still remember all the stories, I hadnt realised she was still writing, must finish that Beka Cooper trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find with her, she's a hit and miss. Some books I love (Beka Cooper), but others I'm only so-so. I really should read the last Beka Cooper book, but I started it and just got bored. However for the sake of how much I loved the first two books, I might finish it this summer.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...