These week's words:
1. to stay attached; stick fast; cleave; cling (usually followed by to ): The mud adhered to his shoes.
2. Physics . (of two or more dissimilar substances) to be united by a molecular force acting in the area of contact.
3. to be devoted in support or allegiance; be attached as a follower or upholder (usually followed by to ): to adhere to a party.
1. subject to individual will or judgment without restriction; contingent solely upon one's discretion: an arbitrary decision.
2. decided by a judge or arbiter rather than by a law or statute.
3. having unlimited power; uncontrolled or unrestricted by law; despotic; tyrannical: an arbitrary government.
1. a stratagem employed to conceal something, evade an argument, etc
All definitions compliments of Dictionary.com